Here's a bit of a bucket list / set of goals that I hope to accomplish by the time September rolls around. I have a lot planned for this summer and I'm hoping to make the most out of it. Although summer isn't typically my favourite time of year this past winter was mostly spent in hibernation due to the extreme cold so I can't wait to soak up a bit of sunshine and warmth.
1) Road trip to Atlantic Canada with my brother and live out my lifelong dream of visiting Newfoundland and Labrador.
2) Go to as many concerts and festivals as possible. So far I have tickets to: Drake, Shania Twain, Bluesfest (to see Kanye West!!!!!) and Riot Fest in September.
3) Go on a haunted walk of Kingston with Aurelia and stay at a haunted bed and breakfast.
4) Get at least one new tattoo.
5) Spend a lot of time exploring different parts of Ottawa that I'm not too familiar with.
6) Visit museums! Upper Canada Village, the Diefenbunker, the Canadian War Museum, the Canadian Museum of Nature, ect ect ect. I live in the nation's capital so there are museums everywhere.
7) Try out as many different and new restaurants in Ottawa as humanly possible.
8) Dye (at least part of) my hair teal.
9) Take as many photos as I can and bring my dSLR virtually everywhere with me. I'm really hoping to get back into photography.
10) This may sound like a small one but I'm going to try to spend more time outdoors. I'm definitely an indoor person; I typically can't stand how humid it gets here and I have a huge fear of bugs. I really can't remember the last time I had so much as a bit of a tan and that's a bit ridiculous!! Being outdoors includes: drinking on patios, hanging out on balconies and screened in porches. Baby steps, people!!
What are your plans for this summer?
* Photo and edit were done by me.